RSVP versus eHarmony
RSVP has been around for years and is the paradigm for dating in Australia. eHarmony is also a stalwart in the world of online dating. If you are thinking about trying out either of these services, you should read the following article to see which is the best option for you.
Which Is Better?
RSVP seems to win in terms of credible members looking for quality dates and actual relationships rather than casual hook-ups and time wasters. The users we spoke to recommended it more than the alternatives.
Australian members: Over 4 million
Demographic: Middle aged users – 50% of users are aged 35 to 55
Gender split: 50% female; 50% male.
Unique features: RSVP has developed the “Discover Engine”. The Discover Engine suggests members based on historical matching data. Now if that sounds a little complicated than all you need to know is a Queensland University of Technology study has proven Discover to be more successful than standard matching algorithms.
RSVP offers tailored matches daily based on a members seeking criteria. They also use a match scoring system, showing you what percentage another members matches you by.
How much does RSVP cost?
The RSVP platform is free to join and search, but one party will need to pay to initiate contact.
Free: If you sign up for free, you can create and view full profiles, set a criteria for your matches, with new results daily and you have the ability to send and accept virtual winks, which are expressions of interest. The other party initiate a conversation with you at no cost to you.
Stamps: The RSVP currency for contact is Stamps. You can purchase between 3-24 stamps. Prices start from $5 per stamp.
Subscriptions: RSVP offers 3 levels of subscription. “Premium” allows you to see all members who have viewed your profile, highlight your profile to other members, boost you to the top of Search, Match and Discover results, added privacy options and more. “Premium+” includes all of the features of Premium with 4 contact Stamps every month. “Platinum” Will give users the same benefits as Premium with 10 contact stamps a month and includes a super wink every day, which allows other members to reply for free.
“RSVP has a level of credibility because you have to pay and there are more processes and checks in place. People are more serious about dating on RSVP, whereas other sites are more about hook-ups.” – Isabelle*.
We asked eHarmony for up-to-date details about their membership demographic, but they didn’t respond.
- Unique features: eHarmony’s selling point is its tailored approach. Your profile is created from a detailed questionnaire where you rate your personality and appearance, plus what you want in a partner and relationship.
- Matching: users are matched based on their personality profile, using eHarmony’s “29 dimensions of compatibility”.
How much does eHarmony cost?
You can access eHarmony for free, but paying a subscription gives you more information about other users.
- Free: Users receive a personal profile, view daily matches and have limited interaction with their matches, like sending a smile or a limited number of set questions. You can only see limited information about matches, and you can’t see photos.
- Paid: $54.95 per month for a three-month plan, $34.95 per month for a six-month plan or $19.95 per month for a 12-month plan. Subscriptions entitle you to see who’s viewed you, send unlimited messages, see unlimited photos and see who’s favourited you.
- Subscribers can access premium features such as Incognito, which allows you to view matches anonymously. You can turn it on or off depending on whether you want to be in stealth mode or not. What If? is another premium feature that lets you browse up to 30 additional people per day. Using the Spotlight feature means your profile will show up in the top spot for all your matches for 24 hours. It’s only available via the mobile website.
RSVP Prices & Fees
RSVP Premium+ SubscriptionBest Membership Option
See Who Viewed Your Profile
Top of Search, Match and Discover Results
An Ad Free Mobile Experience
Control Who Sees Your Profile
Extra Profile Privacy Option
Priority Customer Support
4 Stamps Per Month
Other RSVP Pricing Options
If you sign up for free, you can create and view full profiles, set a criteria for your matches, with new results daily and you have the ability to send and accept virtual winks, which are expressions of interest. The other party initiate a conversation with you at no cost to you.
So Should I Try RSVP?
The site has recently modified its Matching algorithm to give members better quality matches. RSVP also has a cool Discover engine that sends you people they recommend, they might not fit all your original seeking criteria, but this system has seen unlimited success.
The membership fees keep people focussed on the task at hand, which is finding love. You are more likely to find serious contenders on RSVP than other websites. Despite a few disgruntled reviews online from people that have struck out, we believe RSVP is the best option for those over 30 looking to find a meaningful relationship.