We put PetCircle.com.au under the microscope to see whether it was the best place to buy pet food online.
After spending countless hours analysing prices, range, delivery speed & customer service we found Pet Circle nudged out it’s competitors. Pet Circle had better prices, the broadest product range, quick shipping times (even for rural customers) and a solid customer service & refund policy. Like many pure-play ecommerce retailers, Pet Circle was able to offer us broader assortment and better prices due to the fact their lacked heavy bricks & mortar costs that typically drive up prices at the checkout.
Who Are The Competitors?
What Else Can I Buy
They don’t just have Black Hawk at amazing prices. Part of Pet Circle’s advantage over bricks and mortar pet stores is their breath of selection. From dog food to kitty litter, horse feed to fish tanks, you can get all your pet’s required goodies all in one place have them conveniently delivered to your door at the click of a button.
Dog Food $4.37
Huge selection of best brands of dog food, from vet diets, dry food, wet food to natural food.
Cat Food $3.90
Huge selection of best brands of cat food, from vet diets, dry food, wet food to natural food.
Other Pet Food $5.95
Huge selection of best brands of pet foods from Fish, Small pets, Birds, Reptile to Horse.
Flea & Worming $6.65
Treatment for Wormers, Flea, Parasite Protection, Tick and Heartworm
Dog & Cat Treats $1.49
Lots of selection of dog treats for small to giant dog breed size
Dog & Cat Collars & Leads $4.95
Wide selections of colours, material and type.
Dog & Cat Toys $1.48
Wide selection of toys for cats & dogs
Dog & Cat Beds $12.95
Different selections from mats, blankets, hideaway, cushions to elevated beds
Dog & Cat Clothes $2.98
Different clothes selections: Shirts, Coats, Jumpers, Costumes & Shoes
Wide selections of cat litters from recycled paper, clumping, clay, crystal, and accessories
What we like about Pet Circle is that you can still get all your favorite pet brands, Pet Circle stock it all. And best of all Pet Circle’s price match policy ensures you never get ripped off.
Potentially the thing we love the most about Pet Circle is that by supporting them you help save other animals that aren’t as lucky as yours. At Pet Circle they strive to help out the unsung heroes, animal rescuers all around Australia that dedicate their time and efforts into re-homing some very special creatures. We love that they support over 46 charities and organizations, check out some of the organizations they support below;
Best Price Guarantee
Terms and Conditions
1. If you purchase a product from Pet Circle, and find a lower price elsewhere, let them know within five business days from the date of the transaction and we will arrange a refund equivalent to the difference.
2. They will match the price of their competitors based on product price and delivery (total shopping cart costs which includes delivery to your door).
3. Their best price guarantee does not extend to the following: Gifts with purchases, or membership discounts.
4. The competitor’s product must match Pet Circle’s product exactly. The competitor’s product must be: Authentic, Made by the same manufacturer, Shipped from the same country of origin, New (not close to, or past its used by date), The same size, quantity, colour, brand.
5. A publicly advertised price.
6. The competitor must only deal in Australian currency.
7. The policy applies to competitor’s final price including GST, taxes, fees, delivery and other fees or charges.
8. The competitor’s product must be in stock at the time of the price compare.
9. Approved price matches do not automatically apply to future transactions with Pet Circle.
10. Pet Circle expressly reserve the right to refrain from price matching where this would result in a sale below cost price. All price matches are at our sole discretion.
11. Not available to Resellers or Retailers.
12. Pet Circle reserves the right to limit the quantity of products available for price-matching at its discretion.th
Shipping & Returns
How much does shipping cost?
Good news: it’s free to most metro and major regional areas when you spend over $49. Just use the handy form here to see if your suburb qualifies.
If you don’t happen to qualify for free shipping, the cost of shipping will depend on the weight of your order. You’ll be able to see this on their checkout page before you proceed to payment.
How long does shipping take?
Pet Circle ship all orders from their warehouse in Sydney, so in most metro areas of major cities, you can expect your order within 1-2 business days. Outside of these areas, you should receive your order any time from four days after the time of dispatch.
With the opening of their new Perth warehouse, majority of all our Perth deliveries now arrive within 1-2 business days, whilst some orders may take a little longer based on product availability.
Items sent by Australia Post can take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
Do they deliver on public holidays?
If the courier service is operating, so are they! But as couriers don’t tend to work on public holidays (boo!), it’s best for you to plan your delivery ahead of time – especially during busy periods such as Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Do I need to be home to receive my delivery?
If you’re ordering your pet food and products online, chances are you’re a busy person looking for convenient delivery…which is exactly what they offer. Their drivers have authority to leave your order on your property without a signature on delivery so that your order is waiting for you the moment you get home.
If you have problems with your delivery please contact them and they will always work with you to address any issues.
Do they deliver outside of Australia?
They do not currently ship outside of Australia.
At Pet Circle wants your experience with them to be a pleasant one – which is why they’ve made their returns policy as simple as possible. And if for some reason things don’t go quite to plan, they have a dedicated customer service team to make everything right again!
Before you read on, we recommend you hop on over to their Frequently Asked Questions – your question may have been answered over there.
Please note: They cannot issue credits or refunds unless you have first spoken to a Pet Circle representative, as they need to issue you with a returns number and address before you send them back any items. Without these, they will be unable to process your return and refund the cost of your item(s).
Returns Terms & Conditions
- Pet Circle accept returns for up to 30 days from purchase, providing it is unopened and in original condition (including packaging).
- Items returned after 30 days may not qualify for a refund, or may incur an extra restocking fee.
- You can return your order for a refund, exchange or store credit.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of an item’s return, unless there was an error on their behalf. Due to the nature of couriers, it may cost more to send an item back to them than them shipping it out to you.
- A Pet Circle customer service representative must be contacted before returning goods. They can only offer refunds when they have arranged pickup and return through their courier service.
- Pet Circle cannot offer refunds or exchanges on food, treats or any edible items that are opened due to strict health policies. Please make your selections carefully, and double check your order before submitting.
Damaged Or Faulty Items
If you received a damaged shipment or product, please email photos of the damaged item to email@example.com, include your invoice number and name, and they will work with you to resolve the issue.
Auto Delivery is available on selected food, medications, litter, treats, training & clean up products. Auto Delivery customers can also save an extra 5 – 15% on selected top brands!
Enjoy more quality time with your pet instead of leaving the house last minute to buy your pet supplies. Auto Delivery makes it easier & more affordable than ever to order your favourite items and have them automatically delivered to your door as often as you need them.
Quicklinks to Auto Delivery Categories
Online we saw the average reviewer rated them 4.5 or above. Appears they like what we like, product selection, great prices, fast delivery, professional advice on your pet and easy returns.
Reviews: What Good Things Do People Say
The positive reviews outweight the negative hugely, and mainly cover the following points;
- Great service
- Great range
- Exellent customer service
- Fast shipping
- Great prices
Reviews: What Bad Things Do People Say
Less than 11% of the reviews online are negative, with a few people complaining about:
- Too many emails
- Slow delivery
Why You'll Love Them
They are an Australian-owned company headquartered in Sydney, New South Wales. If you want, you can learn more about us by visiting our about us page.
If you bring us some doughnuts, maybe…
Sorry, just kidding! Pet Circle is an eCommerce business only – this means that they don’t have a brick and mortar store that you can visit. Why? It allows them to focus on giving their customers the best price and most convenient service possible!
Their customer support team would be happy to help! You can contact them over the phone from Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm AEST or Saturday to Sunday 9am – 6pm AEST on 1300 60 80 03. Alternatively, you can use their handy Live Chat service or send them an email.
CUTE! Pet Circle on Instagram
Pet Circle have the cutest photos on instagram! Animal lovers will love their feed, they already have over 22k followers!