March 2020 Review: Best iPad Keyboard
For me, the new iPad’s aren’t a toy, they’re an essential business tool. We did the work and found the perfect keyboard to handle the job (quite literally!).
We spent days using each keyboard. After 2 weeks we found that the Brydge Pro, at $139.99, was easily the best for the iPad (or other Android tablets). Simply put, it turned our iPad into a laptop better than any other keyboard on the market.
Don’t make the wrong choice when it comes to a keyboard that will turn your iPad into a real laptop, read our review before buying a keyboard for your iPad. Read our review of the options below;
- Premium aluminium aesthetic – feels & looks like it was made by Apple, coincidence? 😉 Felt just like I was using a MacBook
- Bluetooth/USB-C/LTE connectivity
- Battery life was AMAZING, only need to charge once a year! Incredible.
- Backlit keyboard – This was a massive tick! Adjustable backlit keyboard is AMAZING (3 settings)! I’m a night owl so inevitably I found myself using this function quite a lot.
- 0-180 Degree viewing – want to present? Just flip it round, its back to being an iPad
- Soft keys – this is purely subjective, but I liked the feel of their soft touch keys, found it similar with my MacBook Air
- No Delay/Lag – typing on the Brydge we felt was lightning quick, next to no lag, especially compared to other keyboards
- Ultra portable size/weight
- Amazing choice of Apple matching colour finishes
What we didn’t like about Brydge Pro;
- No trackpad – while I thought no trackpad would have been an issue, now you can connect a bluetooth mouse to the iPad (thank you Apple!). I prefer a Mac mouse anyway.
- Backlight used up the battery – might decrease battery by a couple of months (off the 12 month battery life, haha!)
LOGITECH SLIM FOLIO PRO – $129.99
What we liked;
Logitech usually make competitive products, and this is no exception. It’s $10 cheaper than the Brydge, has bluetooth & USB like the Brydge, and has a backlit keyboard.
What we didn’t like;
- Easel style stand – offers only 1 angle
- Bulky case – no issue unless you don’t use a keyboard often
- Keyboard feel – felt much cheaper than others in the market, kind of like some (much) cheaper no brand keyboards I’ve used in the past
ZAGG SLIM BOOK – $129.99
What we liked;
- Keypad – really nice feel, better than Logitech by a country mile!
- Solid kickstand
What we didn’t like;
- Kickstand – blessing & a curse, although was sturdy, good luck typing on it anywhere other than a desk!
- Only Bluetooth, no USB-C connectivity
- Size – nothing slim about it, thicker than the Logitech
- Battery life – didn’t get anywhere near the Brydge
- 2 Seperate pieces – the stand and keyboard are seperate, given I travel a lot I’d lose a piece for sure
ZAGG RUGGED MESSENGER – $179.99
What we liked;
- Build like a brick sh&t house – this thing is going to protect your iPad well, no doubt, but trades protection for portability
- Backlit keyboard
What we didn’t like;
- Keyboard – wasn’t as nice to type on, but likely this isn’t a concern for their target market
- Price – you pay extra for that extra protection
APPLE SMART KEYBOARD FOLIO – $179.99 – $199.99
No doubt, Apply make a pretty product….this is a sexy and portable keyboard! But, this is the most expensive iPad keyboard on the market, and has some limitations to boot.
What we liked;
- Design – feels amazing
- Portable – easy to travel with, magnets attach it easily to your ipad
What we didn’t like (sorry Apple!);
- Stand – couldn’t use on my lap easily…only one display angle. Personally, I like more flexibility. The Brydge Pro, for example, rotates 0-180 degrees.
- Price – as usual, Apple rob you silly with the price, $199.99 is a pretty penny
- Keyboard – while the keys are nice to type on, it doesn’t really offer a laptop like experience. I found it tiring after an hour or so
iPad Air Keyboard from $74.99
Buy the iPad (6th & 5th Gen), iPad Pro 9.7-inch and iPad Air (2nd & 1st Gen) keyboard
iPad Mini Keyboard from $89.99
Get the BRYDGE 7.9 For iPad mini (5th & 4th Gen)
iPad Keyboard from $74.99
Buy the Brydge 9.7 Brydge 9.7 Brydge 9.7 BRYDGE 9.7 for iPad (6th & 5th Gen), iPad Pro 9.7-inch and iPad Air (2nd & 1st Gen)
iPad Pro Keyboard from $74.99
Buy the BRYDGE 9.7 for iPad (6th & 5th Gen), iPad Pro 9.7-inch and iPad Air (2nd & 1st Gen)
Surface Pro Keyboard from $99.99
Get the BRYDGE 12.3 Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard For Surface Pro 7, 6, 5 & 4
Chrome OS Keyboards from $79.99
Get this Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard For Chrome OS
Google Pixel Slate Keyboard from $79.99
Buy this BRYDGE G-TYPE Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Google Pixel Slate
Accessories from $39.99
Shop the THE 11" SLEEVE
For items that are in stock, we aim to have each order ship from their warehouses within 1-2 business days from when the order was placed. However, occasionally an order may take a little longer due to local or national holidays, or other circumstances out of their control. For items that are backordered, pre-ordered, or out of stock, they will get these shipped out as soon as possible, from when the order was placed.
With warehouses located in the United States (New Lenox, IL and Park City, UT), Canada (Vancouver), and China (Shenzhen), we aim to provide you with the most efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions available.
If your order needs to be edited or cancelled after being placed, please reach out to our support team asap, here CONTACT US. They will do everything in their power to accomodate this request. However, once your order begins processing at their 3PL shipping warehouse, this request will not be possible on their end and your order will ship as is. Then, once you recieve the delivery, please reach back out to our support team, who will help you coordinate a return.
Partial refund (less shipping) if packaging is damaged, product visibly used/worn. Partial refund amount at the discretion of Brydge quality assurance team, based on inspection of returned product.
No refund if product is damaged / unusable.
No refund on any accessory. (leather, batteries, cables, protective cases, screen protectors)
If you decide you do not want to keep your Brydge, submit your return RMA request by clicking the appropriate button at the top of this page within the return window to receive your unique RMA and specific instructions (including return address details) for your return.
Evidence of purchase, purchase date and delivery date may be required to obtain an RMA. Only returns with an RMA will be accepted and eligible for refund. RMA’s expire after 14 days of issue.
First step is to select the appropriate return option at the top of this page. Here you may be led through a series of trouble shooting steps. In the unlikely case of an issue that cannot be resolved, we will issue you an RMA for the return and arrange a warranty replacement.
Brydge offers free return shipping on any approved warranty claims. The return must be sent back within 14 days from the date the warranty claim was approved / RMA issued by the Customer Support Team.
Once a return has been received, please allow 3-5 business days for it to be processed/ assessed.
A replacement product assumes the remaining term of the warranty from the original date of purchase. When a product is replaced, the returned item becomes the property of Brydge and any replacement item becomes your property. *Brydge will replace a defective product at its sole discretion with either a new product or with a refurbished product of an equivalent or better functionality.
Accidental damage, scratches, dings, dents or any shifting in the keys and/or the keyboard due to rough treatment or incorrect use of the keyboard is not covered and will void the warranty.
Any keyboard that has any physical damage or damage caused by liquid will not be approved for a return/refund.
Brydge reserves the right to reject any return or warranty claim where it detects foul play.
If you are returning to one of our facilities outside of the United States, you will need you to provide the shipper and tracking information to our Support Team for the return. Should the tracking information not be provided upon shipping the return, an additional US$9.95 may be payable.
For all warranty returns outside of the United States, unfortunately we are not able to produce or provide a pre-paid return label. Thus we will be reimburse your return shipping to a maximum of US$20, after you kindly provide us a copy of the return shipping receipt.
Brydge will not be liable for any duties or charges associated with returning the keyboard. Clearly mark “returning unsuitable goods to sender” on the customs form and parcel itself. We recommend using registered insured postage as we will not cover loss of a return.
All returns must have their unique RMA (provided to you by Brydge) attached to your package or submitted with your return. Any return that does not have an RMA number will not be accepted.
Your return must be sent back within 14 days of your RMA being issued.
The returned keyboard must be in its original packaging. A refund will only be processed once the item is accepted/ tested by our team as a valid return.
You must provide the shipper and relevant tracking information for the return (for example FedEX 12345). Should the shipping and tracking information not be provided to email@example.com upon shipping the item, an additional US$9.95 will be charged.
We recommend you use registered and insured postage. We will not be responsible for lost or damaged items returned.
Once we receive your return, please allow 3-5 business days for it to be processed/ tested prior to receiving your refund notification. Your refund may take up to 10 working days from date of process to show up on your credit card statement.
We understand this can happen, ordering a product then suddenly filled with buyers remorse! If this happens to you, contact our Customer Support Team firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will do our best to cancel your order.
If your order has already dropped into the processing phase, we are unable to stop the shipping process. Therefore, you will have to return your order for a refund by reaching out and receiving an RMA for the return as per our holiday return policy or our normal 30 day return policy, whichever is applicable.
If you mistakenly order the incorrect product, please contact our Customer Support Team as soon as possible. We will do our best to correct your order before shipping.
If your order has already shipped, we will issue you with an RMA for the return. Once your return is received, we will provide you with a credit note for you to re-order.
Any credit note that is issued for a color / model change will be processed less a 6% transaction fee.90
Brydge keyboard is unlike the others, and we Brydge say confidently that they have the best keyboards. The Brydge Pro really does transform the iPad Pro into a full laptop replacement. They are the maker of a premium range of peripherals for the digital workplace, including award-winning iPad and Surface wireless keyboards. The Brydge Keyboard for iPad Pro is an excellent alternative to Apple’s Smart Keyboard Folio for the iPad Pro.